Pentrefelin, Criccieth LL52 0PT, UK
Advanced skill level
Eisteddfa Fishery is delighted to be opening its long-awaited new Carp Lake – a brand new carp fishing venue for experienced anglers only.
PLEASE READ RULES BEFORE YOU MAKE YOUR BOOKING, THANK YOU
Set between the Snowdonia National Park and Cardigan Bay in a rural setting with mountain views. The lake is just under two acres with 7 well-spaced pegs and will be stocked with C5 and C6 carp supplied by VS Fisheries and our own stock from the Old Carp Lake and Pleasure Lake.
Directions and Access
We are situated just off the A497 between Criccieth and Porthmadog, at the western end of Pentrefelin village.
Coming from Criccieth take the A497 east towards Porthmadog. On entering the village of Pentrefelin you will see the 40 mph sign. Directly afterwards turn left into Eisteddfa Fishery entrance.
From the direction of Porthmadog take the A497 west towards Criccieth. The first village you come to will be Pentrefelin. Drive right through the village until you see the Plasgwyn Nursing Home on your right. A few yards further turn right into the entrance for Eisteddfa Fishery.
Putting our postcode LL52 0PT into your sat nav will take you to the centre of the village – you need to stay on the A497 and go to the Criccieth end of the village.
Please don’t hesitate to get in touch if you have any difficulties finding us 07759 871327 / 01766 522148 – see you there!
By booking a ticket/peg on the Carp Lake you are agreeing to abide by the rules below.
- All anglers must be in possession of a current EA licence.
- Vehicles may go to the lake to unload but must then return to the main car park. No vehicles are permitted to park at the lake.
- Barbless hooks only, maximum size 6.
- 36” carp-style landing net required, one net per peg.
- Carp cradle or large walled unhooking mat to be used on all fish.
- Carp sacks may be used, but for a maximum of 15 minutes.
- Strictly no standing with fish.
- Two rods per peg maximum.
- No braid main line.
- Minimum 12lb b.s. mainlines, maximum 20lb b.s..
- Rigs must be “carp safe”, made with good quality components, tubing to be used.
- No fixed rigs, all leads and feeders must be free running.
- No bubble floats.
- Surface fishing with pellets, biscuits etc. is acceptable, but bread is not allowed.
- All anglers must have a carp “medi kit”, one per peg.
- Rods must be attended at all times.
- Bivvies only, no tents.
- Under 16 year olds must fish the same peg as an experienced adult, one rod each.
- Fishing from pegs only.
- Respect other anglers and keep within stated swim boundaries.
- No particles, beans, seeds or nuts. Maggots can be used in the winter.
- No bait boats.
- One non-fishing guest per peg, for a small additional charge, no other non-fishing visitors are allowed.
- Intoxicated/anti-social anglers will be asked to leave the fishery and may be banned.
- Strictly no fires. All barbeques must be raised off the ground.
- No generators or loud music.
- Dogs are allowed, but must be on a lead at all times, quiet, and ALL mess must be cleaned up immediately.
- No litter is to be left on the peg; please take it home or use the bins.
These rules are for the protection and welfare of the fish, and for your enjoyment and that of other fishery users.
PLEASE FOLLOW THEM, AS BAILIFFS WILL BE MAKING RANDOM CHECKS.